Community Development Authority
The Village Community Development Authority exists to implement the Village Land Use Plan by the exercise of its powers under the Community Development Authority Law, including its power to issue revenue bonds to provide financing for affordable, safe, sanitary housing projects. The Authority also exists to implement Qualified Redevelopment Projects to be constructed by private developers, including by way of illustration but not limitation, the following public benefits:
- the elimination or prevention of substandard, deteriorated, unsanitary, and blighted areas;
- the provision and retention of gainful employment opportunities for the citizens of the Village;
- an increase in the Village's tax base; and
- the stimulation of the flow of investment capital into the Village with resultant beneficial effects upon the economy in the Village.
The Community Development Authority meets on an as needed basis, typically on the third Wednesday of the month at 5:00 p.m. in the Village Hall Auditorium. The Community Development Authority agendas are provided to the Kenosha News and posted online
and at the following three public places in the Village:
- Pleasant Prairie Village Hall, 9915 39th Avenue
- RecPlex, 9900 Terwall Terrace
- Roger Prange Municipal Building (Police Station), 8600 Green Bay Road
The agenda is available at the auditorium door prior to the meeting. Items listed will be considered at the meeting. The public is invited to comment during the Citizen Comments portion of the meeting, at any public hearing listed on the agenda or if invited by the Authority Chairman.