The Pleasant Prairie Park Commission is comprised of seven members and two alternates, who are appointed by the Village President. The role of the Park Commission is to make recommendations to the Village Plan Commission in areas of land use and park and open space development. Duties include:
- to ensure the quality of life for all members of the community by facilitating the acquisition, development and preservation of park lands, open space areas and recreational facilities in an orderly and uniform process;
- to create and maintain a Village Park and Open Space Plan and recommend the Plan's adoption to the Village Plan Commission and Village Board. The Park and Open Space Plan shall be in conformance with the Village Comprehensive Plan;
- to recommend to the Village Plan Commission and Village Board any changes or amendments to subdivision conceptual plans which pertain to park, open space and recreational facilities development; and
- to consider and report or recommend on all matters referred to the Park Commission.
The Park Commission is currently working on revising the Master Park Plan.
The Park Commission typically meets on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. in the Village Hall Auditorium. Park Commission agendas are provided to the Kenosha News and posted online
and at the following three public places in the Village:
- Pleasant Prairie Village Hall, 9915 39th Avenue
- RecPlex, 9900 Terwall Terrace
- Roger Prange Municipal Building (Police Station), 8600 Green Bay Road
The agenda is available at the auditorium door prior to the meeting. Items listed will be considered at the meeting. The public is invited to comment during the Citizen Comments portion of the meeting, at any public hearing listed on the agenda or if invited by the Commission Chairperson.