Garbage Recycling & Hazardous Waste
Special Collections - Bulk Items
What are residential Bulk Items?
The Village of Pleasant Prairie classifies bulk items as:
- Any item larger than 3 feet in length and more than 18 inches wide.
- Any item weighing more than 50 pounds.
Here are some examples of bulk items:
How to arrange for a Bulk Item pick-up:
- Swing Sets
- Call the Sanitation Department by noon on Tuesday to schedule a pick-up for the following day - Wednesday.
- There is a $25 fee for each bulk item pick-up. The fee will be added to your Utility Bill.
- Bulk items will be scheduled for pick-up on Wednesday's only. Please call to schedule a specific week.
- Bulk items must be placed curbside for collection by 6:30am.
- If you need to reschedule for any reason, please call and cancel by noon on the Tuesday prior to the scheduled collection. You will be charged a $25 fee for any cancelation after 4:00 pm on Tuesday.
Bulk items may also be taken the Village of Pleasant Prairie Residential Recycling Center 8000 128th Street, for a fee of $10.00 per bulk item.
What is the fee for a Bulk Item pick-up?
Bulk item pick-up charge per address will be $25 per item.
Here's a cost savings idea!
Disassembling bulk items to less than 50 lbs. and smaller than 3 feet by 18 inches enables you to dispose of your items as solid waste. There is no charge for solid waste pick-up. This will save you $25.
Special Collections - White Goods
What are White Goods?
The Village of Pleasant Prairie classifies white goods as items that cannot be broken down or that have safety issues, such as refrigerators and other appliances.
White goods items that will be picked up include the following:
How to arrange for a White Goods pick-up:
- Air Conditioners
- Automobile Parts
- Fuel Oil Tanks
- Gas grills (tanks must be removed)
- Lawn Tractors
- Microwave Ovens
- Stoves and Ovens
- Trash Compactors
- Water Heaters
What is the fee for a White Goods pick-up?
- The Village of Pleasant Prairie will schedule a pick-up of specified white goods items. To schedule a pick-up, please telephone the Sanitation Department.
- Call the Sanitation Department by noon on Thursday to schedule a pick-up for the following day - Friday.
- There is a $25 fee for each white goods pick-up. The fee will be added to your Utility Bill.
- White goods items will be scheduled for pick-up on Fridays only. Please call to schedule a specific week.
- If you need to reschedule for any reason, please call and cancel by noon on the business day prior to the scheduled collection. You will be charged a $25 fee for any cancellation after 4:00 pm on the previous business day.
- White goods items must be placed curbside for collection by 6:30am Friday.
White goods pick-up charge per address will be $25 per item.
They can also be brought to the Residential Recyling Center for a $20.00 per item charge.
Special Collections - Televisions and Computers
Do you have a question not answered in the information above? If so, please feel free to contact us! We'd love to hear from you!
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.